WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
The mission of the United States Air Force Academy Colorado Parents' Club is to provide an avenue for parents and guardians to enrich The Academy experience of all Colorado cadets and Academy community.
New Appointee Virtual Event Recording
Weren't able to make it to our New Appointee Virtual Event on June 13, 2020? We have a portion of the event recorded for you to review.
Welcome to USAFA Class of 2024 Families!
Welcome to the long blue line and a journey unlike any other for both your Appointee and your family!
The Colorado Parents' Club typically hosts an I-day picnic for all new USAFA families after they drop off their Appointee on I-day. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, there is no family event scheduled this year. However, we have worked with some community partners to provide you with some amazing special offers for breakfast/lunch and an ice cream treat.
One of the most important features of our I-day event in years past was to provide families with an opportunity to write their first letter to their cadet. As you may have heard, we are still able to provide you with this wonderful tradition.
Many of you not traveling to I-day have already mailed a first letter to our PO Box. If you forgot to do that, don't despair! Feel free to use this stationery, write a letter, scan it, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will print it out, place it in an envelope, and include it with the other letters we have collected. Please do this no later than Wednesday, 24 June 2020.
If you are traveling with your son/daughter, we encourage you to visit our canopy outside of Doolittle Hall after you drop off your son/daughter where we'll have a folder with stationery for you to write your first letter to your basic cadet. Included in this folder will be the special offers from Kneader's Bakery and Josh and John's Ice Cream.
All of these "first letters" will be delivered directly to the cadet squadrons and will not go through the Cadet Mailroom.
Our I-day events are solely funded through our Goodie Bag fundraiser. We deliver Goodie Bags to your son/daughter three times a year (Halloween, Valentine's and Spring Finals.) We'll have order forms for you on I-day, but you can always order them online if that's more convenient.
We can't wait to meet many of you in just a few days and welcome you in person to the Long Blue Line!
-The Colorado Parents' Club
- 13 June 2020 - New Appointee Luncheon via Zoom
- 25 June 2020 - I-Day
- 11 July 2020 - Prep I-Day
- 4-6 Sep 2020 - Parents' Weekend Festivities (TBD)
- 5 Sep 2020 - Tailgate #1
- 25 Jun 20 2024 Class In-Processes
- 26 Jun 20 2024 Swearing In Ceremony (cancelled)
- 4 Jul 20 4th of July Holiday (2024 BCT training continues)
- 11 Jul 20 Prep School In-Processes
- 11 Jul 20 2nd Summer Session Ends/ 3rd Summer Session Begins
- 11 Jul 20 2024 Swearing-In Ceremony on Terrazzo (No Parent attendance)
- 13 Jul 20 March back from Jacks Valley (600 basics)
- 18 Jul 20 March out to Jacks Valley (600 basics)
- 20 Jul 20 March out to Jacks Valley (600 basics)
- 26 Jul 20 March back from Jacks Valley (600 basics)
- 27 – 31 Jul 20 BCT Makeup/Onboarding
- 31 Jul 20 2024 BCT ends
- Acceptance Day Parade (No Decision made yet)
- 4 Aug 20 Prep School Classes Start
- 2 - 11 Aug 20 Cadet Transition Week
- 12 Aug 20 Cadets Classes Start
- 8 Aug 20 Doolie Day Out – Cadets Meet Sponsor Families
- 2020 Parents Weekend 4 -7 Sep 20 (No Decision made yet) https://www.usafa.edu/about/traditions/parents-weekend/
- 2020 Prep School Parents Weekend Cancelled